- Soil and irrigation water quality assessment.
- Assessment of saline/sodic soils and their impact on agriculture. and their reclamation measures
- Saline soil reclamation studies by adopting tile drainage, bio saline agriculture and agro mineral methods.
- Feasibility studies for indentifing sites for water sheds and check dams and small dams to increase groundwater recharge and using stored water for irrigation and other purposes.
- Reclamation studies for water logged soil which constitutes about 53% of total available land of Sindh.